Summer Home Maintenance
- Turn the sprinklers on manually, one station at a time.
- Walk around the yard and check to make sure sprinkler heads are upright.
- Look for clogs and clean the valves out with water from the hose or a brush. Leaky valves probably need to be replaced.
- Make sure the spray is wide enough, and not blocked by any foliage. You may need to prune plants or adjust the flow on the valve.
- Check the timers.
- If you notice leaks, pooling water or low pressure, it could be a sign that underground pipes are cracked, a problem that usually means it’s time to call a plumber.