You need to know if you’ve found the right house. You don’t want to buy the “wrong” house and feel stuck. It’s not like there is a free returns policy, right?!
You might have looked at a hundred houses and they all could sort of work if only… We’ve been there. Buying a house is a major commitment, even if you have done it ten times before. You want to know that you aren’t going to regret your decision in a year or two and be stuck in a house that you hate. Here are a few tips to help you know you’ve found the right house.
- When you find the right house you imagine what your life will be like in all of the rooms when you walk through. You know exactly where you are going to put the furniture.
- The right house might have flaws, but you don’t notice them.
- Every room of the right house feels comfortable. Sometimes people are uneasy walking into the private areas of a house because they feel like they are intruding. When you find the right house, you already feel like it’s yours.
- You can afford it. This is really important. If a house is perfect, except you will have to skip meals in order to pay your mortgage, it’s not really perfect.
- The right house doesn’t have any of your deal breakers. Know what you can and cannot live with for an extended period of time.
- You texted a bunch of pictures to your bestie when you saw the house. If you already want to show off the place and tell everyone you found the right house for you.
- It’s a cliché, but it’s true, You will know that the house you are looking at is “The One” by the way it makes you feel. Do you feel comfortable? Safe? Happy? You should feel all of these things when you are in your home and most of the time this is the way you feel from the minute you walk in.
In this market, it’s easy to overlook flaws and red flags because you just want to get into something. That’s where a trusting relationship with the right Realtor makes a huge difference. A good real estate agent will help you to decide if you can live with a home’s flaws, and they all have them, or if you should keep looking.
The right Realtor will hlep you know you’ve found the right house.
Work with a DIGGS Buyer Specialist. We specialize in real talk, not sales talk. P.S. Sign up for our newsletter. We’ll show you the coolest home in the Multiple List System (MLS) each week!!
Ready to work with a Best Glendale CA Agent?
Call: (818) 482-1885
Text: (818) 946-0106
Email: [email protected]